Things that go "thump" in the night? Check. Ghostly apparitions? Check. Supernatural spirits? Check. Secret rooms? Double check since they're the perfect spot for hiding out from Hurricane Sandy. Cape Cod is said to be one of the most haunted areas of the country (take that, Salem!), but the Vineyard and Nantucket have their fair share of ghostly hang outs as well. With so many houses dating to the 1600s, where just the repair bills can be frightening, it's no wonder that over the years some visitors have decided to make themselves permanently at home. Just in time for the Frankenstorm and Halloween, we've put together a map of some of the spookiest spots on the Cape & Islands, perfect for ghost hunters, trick-or-treaters and anyone else still with power.
· Cape Cod Haunted Houses [capecodonline.com/blogs]
· The Scariest and Most Haunted Places in the State of Massachusetts [socyberty]
· Feel the Spirits of the Vineyard [Aquinnah/Gay Head Community Association]
· Massachusetts Ghosts [hauntedtravels.com]
· How to Experience Haunted Cape Cod [eHow]
· Cape Cod Inns On The Underground Railroad [Curbed Cape Cod]