Everybody knows that ski country real estate doesn't come cheap, but check out this map of the 25 most expensive real estate listings in the high country: the "cheapest" listing is still a crazy $21.5 million. And exactly how high does the price tag go for the finest ski chalets in the land? Aspen tops the list with William Koch's $89.9 million compound and reigns supreme with 12 of the 25 most expensive listings. Park City and Lake Tahoe make a decent showing with 3 entries each, but readers might be surprised to learn that luxury ski towns like Vail and Beaver Creek fail to crack the top 25. So without further adieu (and with a shout-out to our friends at Realtor.com for helping us compile the list), let's get to it.
Know of a listing that we missed? Let us know in the comments or better yet, send us a link. We'll be updating this list frequently. Please note, the following list is ordered from most expensive to least expensive.
· Mapping the 10 Most Expensive Homes in Park City Right Now [Curbed Ski]
· Mapping the 10 Best Penthouses For Sale in Ski Country [Curbed Ski]
· The 10 Cheapest Homes For Sale in Sun Valley Right Now [Curbed Ski]
· The Ten Ski Towns You Absolutely Must Visit This Winter [Curbed Ski]
· Why the Death of the Ski Bum Will Ruin Ski Towns Everywhere [Curbed Ski]