Welcome to Curbed Ski's list of the 18 Best Ski Town Hot Spots, our answer to any question that begins with, "Can you recommend a restaurant in...?" This highly elite group will cover 18 restaurants and bars in ski towns across North America, spanning myriad cuisines and collectively satisfying all of your dining and drinking needs. Every couple months we'll be adding places that were omitted or have stepped up there game. Have a tip? Let us know here.
It's high ski season in Colorado, so what better time to provide an update to our Vail dining and boozing guide? Curbed Ski has personally researched and curated the top spots to eat, drink, snack, and double-down in one of the hottest ski towns around, and like our other Eater 18 guides, this highly selective list of Vail restaurants includes everything from our favorite après spots, to fine, dining, and even our go-to barbecue joint. With the 2015 edition, we dropped fast-casual Yellowbelly and the pastry shop Mountain Cupcakes in favor of the family-friendly Moe's Original Barbecue and the Italian restaurant Campo di Fiori. Bummed your favorite spot didn't make the cut? Rather than have a huge freak out, wouldn't it be better to just nominate it for inclusion or tell us your picks in the comments?
Please note that this list is ordered geographically, not in any sort of ranking.
· The Insider's Guide to the 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships [Curbed Ski]
· Mapping the 17 Oldest Bars & Restaurants in Ski Country [Curbed Ski]
· The 18 Hot Spots for Eating & Drinking in Park City, Jan '15 [Curbed Ski]
· Mapping the 25 Best Après-Ski Spots in North America [Curbed Ski]
· The 18 Hot Spots for Eating & Drinking in Aspen, Jan. '15 [Curbed Ski]
· 10 Fast Facts On The Ski Industry's Biggest Player: Vail Resorts [Curbed Ski]